Monday, March 27, 2017

New Love

New Love


I have some good news and some bad news.

The good news is that I have a new-found love in paper art. I mean, I have always been inspired by awesome folks like Megan Brain, Kevin Kidney, and Ben Butcher, but I havent actually tried working with scissors and glue and construction paper since...4th grade? It has definitely been a while.

It all started as I was trying to prepare some things for Maker Fair. I had bought a few pretty lanterns and I wanted to make something neat with them. At first I tried painting on the glass, but that didnt work very well at all. Excited by the thought of trying something new, this is what happened:

The birdies from my new banner were good test subjects. And look how they glow in the dark!

So the bad news is this: In my attempt to learn how to create paper sculptures, I didnt leave time to make more than this one lantern before Maker Faire. While it is very tempting to take this one with me tomorrow, I think I will try to make a few more before officially presenting them to the world. I mean, in a "for sale" kinda way. Im sure I will have more to show soon. And more paintings , too. I promise.

Lastly, I decided to try out this Twitter thing. Its all the rage, ya know? You can follow my adventures here. Have a wonderful weekend!

Available link for download